SFLI continues to grow quickly. To keep up with our growth and to serve our students, we are expanding the team.
I’m thrilled to announce that SFLI is now accepting applications for a Campus Mentor position!
Campus Mentor Position
Description: Through the Campus Mentor Program, SFLI transforms students into pro-life leaders. In this role, you will be a pro-life missionary to college campuses. You will mentor the pro-life students specifically on 2 campuses.
A Campus Mentor builds relationships with students to develop leadership skills, educate on life issues, and call them to use their gifts to build a culture of life on their campus.
The ideal candidate for this job is…
- Passionate about building the pro-life movement
- Very good with people, relationship building and community building
- Willing to learn and adapt to our philosophy and methods of campus outreach
- Extremely organized and able to plan ahead
- Proactive. Must be able to be disciplined and work with limited oversight.
Schedule: This is not a 9-5 job. You will work on a college schedule and will be expected to be present when student events are happening (often on nights and weekends). Responsibilities are centered around building relationships with students; it is not a desk job. Your schedule is determined towards the beginning of each academic session (quarter, trimester, or semester) in conjunction with student meetings.
Location: Chicago, IL
Salary: This is a full-time, salaried position (range: $30,000-$35,000).
Fundraising: Every SFLI team member recognizes the importance of our work, so each person fund raises. With SFLI’s training, each team member succeeds in meeting his/her fundraising goals.
In your first year, you raise a minimum of $5,000 and are trained in fundraising. In your second year, you raise about 90% of your salary through an incremental transition. In your third year, you raise your salary and any fundraising expenses.
Fundraising is an integral part of having the honor of serving with a passionately pro-life team to help women in need and save lives.
Start Date: May 18th, 2015
Application Deadline: February 23rd, 2015
Submission: To apply, please submit the following as one .pdf attachment to [email protected]:
- Page 1: Cover Letter
- Page 2: Resumé
- Page 3: References
- Include the names, emails and phone numbers for 3 references (2 professional & 1 personal). Indicate which is a professional reference and which is a personal reference. For the professional references, include their job titles.
- Page 4: In one page or less, describe what brings you joy.
Questions: Please direct any question to [email protected].