We Bring the Message of LIFE to Campus
Students for Life of Illinois (SFLI) is an umbrella organization for the students in Illinois and surrounding states. We exist to help college students build a Culture of Life on their campuses by providing resources, training and support with the goal of forming today’s Pro-Life leaders! We facilitate the sharing of ideas and resources to strengthen and unify the voice for the voiceless.
Students for Life of Illinois is designed to improve and optimize the effectiveness of collegiate pro-life groups. We do this in the following ways:
- Campus Mentorship Program: SFLI calls and equips pro-life leaders through intentional, high-impact mentorship that grows knowledge, accountability, and a desire to win their campuses for life.
- Round Table Discussions: Weekly informative discussions on various life issues – led by students, for students!
- SFLI Day of Action: Dynamic, monthly multi-campus activism events designed to educate and activate students.
- Group Optimization: SFLI works directly with students to build strong and effective pro-life groups to build a Culture of Life on campus and have a profoundly visible pro-life presence.
- Annual Leadership Summit: Nationally-known speakers train students on how to be effective activists and inspire them to put all their passion into the pro-life movement.
- March for Life: We support students’ initiatives to attend the March for Life and provide resources to optimize the experience and build up students so they come home ready to make a difference on campus.
- SFLI Network: Comprised of over 30 campuses, our network keeps everyone up to date, allowing us to act fast to save lives effectively.
- Summer Leadership Retreat: Each summer we host a retreat to provide leadership training, inspiration and community to student leaders.
- SFLI Website: www.ProLifeIllinois.com connects students across the state, providing Podcasts, videos, and other educational materials to help students be the most effective activists possible.
- Pregnancy Resources: When a college woman decides not to have an abortion, she needs love and support so that she can finish her education and support her child. SFLI connects pregnancy resources to the students who need them.
For the COMMUNITY
- 40 Days for Life: SFLI leads the 40 Days for Life campaign in Champaign, IL
- Cupcakes at the Capitol: We help lobby for pro-life legislation in Springfield
- Action Alerts: We keep thousands of Illinoisians up to date with urgent action alerts for legislation, pro-life action and more.
- Let Parents Know Coalition – We started a coalition to support Illinois Parental Notification.
- Stop Illinois FOCA Coalition – We helped start and build the coalition to fight the Illinois FOCA bill.
- Speak Out Illinois Coalition – We are part of Speak Out Illinois.
- Stop The Abortion Mandate Coalition – We are part of the Stop The Abortion Mandate Coalition.